Lawler Sustainability are focused on delivering energy and carbon reductions through a combination of optimisation of existing systems, technology upgrades and onsite energy generation through renewable technology integration.
We are looking for an experienced Energy Engineer.
- Providing energy reduction assessments across client sites exploiting all available site opportunities including engineering and fabric
- An ability to produce a compelling business case to clients and to demonstrate value to business of energy upgrade works
- A detailed knowledge of Govt and EU grant supports that could support projects.
- Detailed knowledge around monitoring and analyze energy consumption.
- A knowledge around defining organisations carbon footprint and also science based targets
- Ideally Degree Level Building Services/ Electrical/Mechanical/ Engineering with Further Qualifications in Energy/Sustainability.
- Working towards Chartered status
- Minimum 7 years in Energy Engineer / Energy Management role and ideally minimum 2 years Building Services Consultancy Design experience
- Experience in carrying out site assessments and developing energy opportunities for clients
- Experience in renewable energy technologies, energy auditing and design office.
- Experience in developing 5-7 year energy reduction strategies with client companies
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge and Experience of ESCO type contracting would be beneficial
- An ability to present in written and oral form site assessment findings to clients
- Good knowledge of UK codes and current regulatory frameworks governing energy sector
- Knowledge of the existing supply chain to help deliver system upgrades through new technologies
- Good knowledge of controls optimisation and operational validation would be important.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness.
- Previous experience with formulating commercial proposals and associated negotiations would be advantageous.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.